Welcome to Riverview Lutheran Rest Home Inc.
Riverview Lutheran Rest Home Loxton is a not-for-profit Christian Aged Care Facility in the heart of the Riverland. Riverview is built on the cliffs above the wonderful Murray River with a magnificent view of the town and the river.
Our Mission is to care for the frail and elderly in the community. We provide Independent Living Units and Residential Care for high and low care Residents.
The Independent Living Units surround the Residential facility. We have both 1 and 2 bedroom units. Some of the 1 bedroom units can be on a rental basis and all other units are on a “right to occupy” basis.
The Rest Home is a 40 bed facility with all private rooms with ensuites. We pride ourselves in high quality care in a friendly environment. We supply 24 hour a day care delivered by Registered Nurses, Enrolled Nurses and Personal Care staff. There are many ancillary services such as Podiatry, Hairdressing, Chapel Services and a private function area.
We supply home cooked meals and an excellent cleaning service to all our Residents in the Rest Home.
Loxton enjoys a close knit community where there are numerous choices for dining, sport and recreation throughout the area.
"On behalf of the Lutheran Church of Australia (S.A. & N.T. District), to provide quality residential care and service for aged and disabled people".
- Function as a Christian, charitable, non-profit organisation;
- Provide a home for aged persons in need, irrespective of creed, in accordance with the tenets and principles of the Church;
- Engage in activities of a benevolent nature;
- Co-operate with the organisations and institutions whose objectives and purposes are similar;
- Provide a Christian ministry for the residents;
- Purchase, or otherwise acquire, real or personal property for the purpose of the Home, and to deal with the same as fully and effectually as a natural person could do;
- Acquire, accept, hold, dispose of, lease, let, mortgage, convey, transfer or otherwise deal with real and personal property and any estate or interest in real or personal property;
- Present, produce, manage exhibitions and entertainment for the purpose of raising money to give effect to the objectives of the Home;
- Do all things necessary and incidental to the promotion of the objectives of the Home.
Aims Of Riverview
Clinical and Personal Care
- To provide residential care and services for aged people irrespective of their religious affiliation and race.
- To ensure quality improvement by adhering to a Continuous Improvement Program.
- To provide a homelike environment for its residents which is integrated into the wider community.
- To provide a holistic approach to care for the physical, social, emotional, spiritual and cultural needs of all persons at Riverview.
- To ensure that through the initial and on-going assessment process we provide appropriate levels of care for residents.
- To provide respite care and accommodation for persons being cared for at home or in Hospital.
- To support residents in activities of daily living to maximise independence and self-esteem and enable them to freely express their concerns and desires.
- To provide security and respect the dignity and privacy of each person.
- To foster interaction between residents, staff, and the community and enable residents to maintain their personal support network such as family and friends.
- To encourage residents to develop and maintain involvement in interesting and stimulating activities.
- To enable harmonious relations between staff and encourage their participation to improve teamwork and productivity.
- To ensure the absence of discrimination in staff appointments and career opportunities.
- To control occupational health and safety risks in the workplace.
- To operate efficiently, consistent with budgetary requirements and maximise funding opportunities to provide quality care.
- To encourage interaction between the local Parish and District of the Lutheran Church and Riverview.
"Riverview is currently in the process of designing and building a 20 bed Memory Support Unit. This project is built with the assistance of the Australian Government."
"Riverview Rest Home has also been awarded a grant of $800,000 from the State Government via the Minister for Regional Development under the 'Riverland Sustainable Futures Fund' to assist with the construction of 13 Serviced Apartments for elderly people requiring supported accommodation".